CMJ Kickoff Event 2009
Fashion Week for the Music World
Swap the runways for stages, Vogue for The FADER, keep a couple of those corporate sponsors – and you’ve got the CMJ Music Marathon. Four days of buzz bands and booze. Annual protocol goes something like this:
• We leave work early to “network” at “industry events”. (Drink)
• The Cool Kids perform no less than three times per night.
• LA visitors cost us a small fortune in cabs, drinks and dinner.
• You collect 18 months worth of apartment cluttering promo.
• … and we throw a kickoff party.
To set things off this year, we’re taking over the skyline Sunday night on the roof of the Thompson LES Hotel.
Cubic Zirconia, (who met at our kickoff party last year), one of our West Coast favorites, Free The Robots, the multi-talented Melo-X and the Soundcloud king Stimulus will be providing tunes for the night while we gaze over the city and reminisce on last year’s Scion swag and SoCo headaches. We’ll also be joined by our lovely hosts Good Peoples and Monica Rush.
Source: Email from thetastecrew.com.